In awe-struck wonder in the Yukon

I'm staring out at Bennett Lake in Carcross and I'm left speechless. Colin and I walked the beach, read our books, went into the water, did some (jumping) jacks in the sand, and noticed the mountains coming into view as the forest fire smoke lifted.


I took some pictures but it doesn't capture the special-ness of this place. I was reminiscing of my first time coming to Whitehorse back in 2010. I feel incredibly blessed and thankful that I had the opportunity to come work here and live here. And now, I'm thankful that we're back here visiting from Cambodia.

We've been in Canada for 3 months now. As Colin and I were driving up the Alaska Highway, we were in awe of the beauty and also enjoying the feeling of familiarity. "Oh, remember that mountain? It looks like a giant rock is about to fall off." We commented on the upgrades at Toad River Lodge since the last times we've stayed there. Even the Liard hotsprings have been re-vamped with new stairs into the springs.

We have many significant memories here and it just feels so good to be back. We're glad we saved coming here as our final stop before heading back to our lives in Phnom Penh. We're soaking it all in and enjoying all the views, fresh air, people, and warm/cool air.



Comments

Popular Posts