There's too much laughing going on over here!

For some reason, I'm having trouble uploading pictures but TIA (this is Africa) so it's no big deal. I'll figure out a way to post pictures later.

So this blog is two lists. I've been having some serious writing block...must be the high altitude! No, but seriously...I can only seem to think in lists instead of sentences.

Things that make me happy in Malawi:

-being able to have 3 minutes of HOT water
-no matter how hard I scrub, my feet are permanently dirty
-CANDLES AND MATCHES
-being able to cook on the stove
-bananas
-being able to sleep until 8am (which has only happened once!)
-openly talking about bowel movements
-the mountains
-riding on the dirtbike and the back of the truck
-getting so close to babboons that you're scared
-drinking a fanta after a long hike
-the mass amounts of singing and dancing
-perfectly ripe papayas with lemon
-digging with a hoe
-lights
-the man with the massive gun at the bank to keep you safe
-getting a free extra scoop of kidney beans at the market
-last but NOT least...NALI HOT SAUCE!!!

You know you're having a good laugh when:

-you cant sit/stand up straight
-your gut is hurting
-your eyes start to water
-everything else seems funny
-you start gasping for air
-your face muscles start to hurt
-you feel like you've just burned a million calories

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love reading your updates Kathleen! Glad you're having a roaring good time of laughter in Malawi. Skype date soon? :)

Popular Posts